What can you expect?
- Someone who is interested in listening to your concerns and in helping you.
- Someone who will take you seriously and be willing to openly discuss anything you wish.
- Someone who will address your wants, needs and desires.
- Someone who will let you ask questions at any time about what is going on.
Remember, counselors have no ‘magical’ skills or knowledge and will want to work with you. However, they will not do for you what you are capable of doing for yourself.
Your responsibilities in counseling:
- Attend your scheduled sessions.
- Talk about what is bothering you as openly and honestly as you can.
- Be open to trying new things before jumping to conclusions or judging.
Most counseling will require you to try something new or a ‘different approach’. It’s like the old saying goes, “If you continue to do what you’ve always done, you will continue to get what you’ve always got.” Come and try something new with us!